IT Lab 1
Keeping in view the importance of computers in our daily life, the cadets are given practice of laying hands on the keyboards of computers right from the first day of their entry in the college. There is an air-conditioned and tastefully furnished IT/Computer laboratory, where fifty cadets at a time can operate the computers under the guidance and super vision of qualified instructors.
Cadet College Larkana has a very beautiful Central Mosque named Bilal Mosque, where religious and ideological orientations including various activities are carried out regularly for the Cadets in Addition to five-time prayers and Nazra Quran.
Practical Training of Prayers
The practical Training of Prayers is provided to the Cadets, so that they may offer their prayers without any mistake.
The practical training of Nazra Quran and the Qirra't is given to the Cadets, so that they may recite the holy Quran in beautiful way.
Cadet College Larkana is having a fantastic auditorium. It comprises of 600 seats along with a fine and decorated stage. Auditorium is centrally air conditioned. It is used for various indoor functions and lecturer program. It is equipped with Movie Projection setup is also used as mini theater where Educational/ Motivational/ Ethical/ Adventurous movies are shown to Cadets on the weekends.
The library of cadet college Larkana is one of the best libraries of Pakistan at intermediate level. In the library, there are about 40,000 books on various subjects; History, Geography, Economics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Literature, Hadith, Tafseer etc. Beside these, Magazines, Periodicals and newspapers in English, Urdu and Sindhi languages are also available, on regularly basis, for the readers. Moreover, there are four corners in the library; i.e. i) Seat Corner ii) Latif Corner iii) Iqbal Corner iv) Dr. N.A Baloch Corner. In these corners, the books are related to the respective personalities' lives and their accomplishments.
The most noteworthy point of the library is its open access. The reader comes, select a book for reading and pick it for reading in the library without any hindrance. In order to make the cadets habitual of reading, two periods per week are allotted to every class. They have right to borrow a book of the library for 15 days.
Cadet College Larkana has a very beautiful Archive. It comprises video, audio and photo library record since the inception of the College. It also includes the corners of armed forces as Pakistan army, Navy and Air force in which the samples of armed instruments are stored like bullet, hand grenade, marine shell, airplane, navy ships, fighter jets etc. There is also a portion for Art Gallery in which various monuments, paintings, and different crafts are kept made by the Cadets.
Art & Craft Club Arts and crafts club established in September 1994 for teaching voluntary to members (cadets ) of the club; wood, steel, stone, jipsim, terra cotta work with painting, sculpture, reliet work, calligraphy in many subjects a and methods (School of thoughts and themes) with handi cashing work and quines making.
The founder of club is Gul Muhammad Abbasi alias Anees Gul Abbasi Assistant Professor in sindhi and well known poet and jewellery worker (Gold smith ) of Sindh with cooperation of Mr. Muhammad Zafar Iqbal (Art teacher in college). Now a day Mr.Muhammad Zafar Iqbal is incharge arts club separately and Mr. Anees is incharge crafts club. The arts and crafts club is only single club, which is active in its activities full time and whole the working year in cadet college Larkana.
Chemistry lab was initiated in the College in late nineteen of the twentieth century A.D. It was established to broaden the scientific horizon of the students of the college. The club is working as a nursery of the future chemists.
Since, then different teachers have served as officer incharge as one after the other, they are Associate Professor Zulfiqar Ali Shar, Asst: Professor Muhammad Hashim Memon, lecturer Ashfaq Ahmed Mashori and lecturer Rashid Ahmed Channa.
Mandate of the club is "Be Curious to Innovate and Invent".
The club members are zealous in displaying their talent with cooperation of the teachers in the following forms:
- To create and augment the interest among students for activities related to chemistry.
- To make them establish relationship between theory and practical while applying knowledge.
- To polish their hidden talents and excel them in their knowledge and scientific skills.
- Designing models for clarifying chemical concepts.
- Manufacturing products to translate their knowledge and skills into real form.
- Making fun while doing little activities, processes, involving chemical reactions related to daily life.
The purpose of physics club is to promote interest, understanding, and knowledge of the scientific world throughout the college and local community. Physics club is also to develop your interest in science, to introduce you to a variety of scientific disciplines and to develop skills in fieldwork, research and project presentations. The college cadet college aims to impart integral education of the highest standard, sound learning, build up character and instill highest moral and spiritual values of cadets.
All Sciences are practical subjects and we aim to challenge and motivate our students using laboratory work wherever possible. Physics Club is to ascertain the role and the steps necessary to pursue a career in the field, to support prospective students and promote social skills necessary to work in a medical or public field. Aims & Objectives
The practical work and club activities are helpful for the Cadets and the other people to understand various physical phenomena and theories in an easily understandable manner. The objectives of physics club are as follow:
Activities of The Club
- Stimulate interest in science activities among students.
- Enable students to carry out self-directed activities in areas of interest in science.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop initiatives and creativities.
- To allow the students to develop and build their talents naturally.
Physics club activities are performed by Cadets in physics laboratory under the guidance of teacher. Following set of activities are performed by the students in physics club.
- Preparing working scientific projects.
- Making Models.
- Making small activities which better their skills.
Biology Club activities are performed in Biology Laboratory. Cadets of different classes prepare the Models in Biology Club under the guidance of their Biology Teachers. The models prepared by the cadets are placed in "Scientific Exhibition" during the "Parents Day". These models help the cadets and the viewers to increase understanding of living systems. Aims and Objectives of Biology Club
Biology Club has a multitude of aims and objectives. It has been established to increase knowledge about all aspects of Biology and to develop an understanding of biological facts, concepts and principles and an appreciation of their significance. Bio Club activities create awareness for application of Biology in personal, social, economic, environmental and technological contexts.
Biology Club activities also give the students the opportunity to experience science by using scientific research procedures. In order to achieve meaningful learning, scientific theories and their application methods should be experienced by students. Moreover, club activities encourage the development of analytical and critical thinking skills and encourage interest in science. The general purposes of Biology Club are:
- Supporting or strengthening theoretical knowledge.
- Experiencing the pleasure of discovery.
- Teaching how scientific knowledge may be used in daily life.
- Developing manual skills by using tools and equipment.
- Allowing students to apply skills instead of memorizing.
- To date, many studies have been conducted on the importance of laboratory work while teaching science. Currently, science educators and teachers agree that laboratory work is indispensable to the understanding of science.
Cadet College Larkana has a beautiful & fine Swimming pool fulfilling the need of professional swimmers need. It is designed and developed for day and night swimming having the huge water filtration plant. Staff is available 24/7 to maintain the standard of swimming pool.
Cadets are taught professional swimming; no Cadet is passed out until and unless he dives from the dive board in the pool. Inter-House and Inter-Colleges swimming competitions are held every year.
This block comprises of two separate buildings namely:
- Junior Section
- Senior Section
Junior Section: This section contains:
- 10 class-rooms for class IX,X and M.T (Mother-Tongue Urdu/Sindhi)
- 03 Science Labs: Chemistry, Physics and Biology+ OICs Offices
- Language Laboratory
- Group Discussion Room
- Teachers' Common Room
- College Archive+ OIC Office
- Data Center+ OIC Office
- Computer/I.T Lab+ OIC Office
- 04 offices of HODs: Maths, Chemistry, Bio and Sindhi
Senior Section: This section consists upon:
- Vice Principal (Academics)'s Office
- 11 class-rooms for Class VIII, XI and XII(Pre-Eng./Med. Groups)
- Computer/I.T Lab. + OIC Office
- Office of OIC Evening/Extra Coaching Classes
The College is planned to cater for formal education from Class VIII to XII. The courses offered/syllabus is based on the approved scheme of the Sindh Text Book Board, Jamshoro and is affiliated with the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Larkana. The subjects offered are:
- Pakistan/Social Studies
- Urdu/Sindhi (M.T)
- Asan Sindhi/Urdu Salees (N.M.T.)
- Computer Science
Examination System: Contains following three stages:
- Monthly Tests: Held after the completion of a portion of studies.
- Terminal Tests(First & Second):Held before the end of each term.
- Annual Exams: Held after the completion of overall course.
- Spacious, airy and luxurious class-rooms equipped with Interactive multimedia System & Computerized Rostrums
- Language Laboratory (Centrally air-conditioned).
- Computer/I.T. Labs. (Centrally air-conditioned).
- Library containing 40 thousand Titles (Centrally air-conditioned).
- Book-Bank provides text books, additional books and note book.
College Publications: To provide the plat-form to express the writing skills of the cadets and teachers, the College publishes following publications:
- Lrakanians' Letter (Monthly)
- Creativity (Tri-lingual:English, Urdu and Sindhi) Quarterly
- INDUS (annually)
- New In-Take: Essays, photos, addresses & aims of lives of new entrants
- The Leader: Essays, photos, addresses & aims of lives of passing-out cadets.
To develop the overall personality of cadets, the college offers following co-curricular activities:
- Speech, Debate and Declamation competitions.
- Essay-writing competitions.
- Dramatic Club.
- Science Clubs.
- Philately and Numismatic Club.
- Art Clubs.
- Drawing, Painting and Calligraphy competitions.
- Fancy Shows.
- Singing and skit competitions.
- General Knowledge, Science, Pakistan , Islamic and Seerat Quiz.
- Hifz-e-Hadith, Hifz-e-Latif and Hifz-e-Iqbal competitions.
- Hobbies Clubs besides, inside inter-class, inter-wing and inter-house
- competitions, the cadets are sent to participate in above all competitions at divisional, provincial and national level also.
The college offers facilities for following outdoor games with coaches/training staff: Hockey, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Athletics and Cricket.
The college offers all required facilities for indoor games like Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess and Scrabbles.
The has a beautiful swimming pool of international standard. It is mandatory for every cadet to pass swimming tests before passing out from the college.
To keep the cadets agile, active and physically fit, the college has a well-equipped Gymkhana, where cadets do their physical exercises.
Military staff headed by serving Major are available for P.T, Drill and Military Training.
Tours and Excursions:
To acquaint the cadets with the environment and to enrich their curricular experiences, the College arranges tours and excursions of nearby/ surroundings areas, Cantonments, Elite Institutions, Mills and Industries, Archaeological-sites, Lower Sindh and Up-country.
College Offers following facilities to guide and facilitate the Cadets to attain their religious duties:
- Mosque (Air-Conditioned) for five time prayers.
- Daily classes for Nazira/ Hifz-e-Qura'an by trained teachers.
- Daily classes for Namaz Training (After Isha).
- Friday speeches by cadets before khutaba-e-Juma.